Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sayings of Imam Hussain (a.s.) -8

Do not permit anybody (to come in) before saying Salam (greetings). (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 117)

Among the signs of ignorance is arguing with irrational people. (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78, P. 119)

Among the signs of a learned man is criticising his own words and being informed of various viewpoints. (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78, P. 119)

Imam Hussain (as) was asked: O 'the son of the prophet how is life going on? Imam replied: Life is going on , in such a way that I have a God over me, the hell-fire in front of me , death is looking for me, there is no escape of the Day of Judgement, I am taken as a hostage by my own deeds, things do not turn out to be the way I like , I cannot repel what I hate, the affairs are in someone else's hands. He tortures me if he likes and he forgives if he wishes. Therefore, is there anybody poorer than me? (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 116)

Whoever becomes generous becomes a noble; and whoever becomes stingy becomes vicious and mean-spirited. (Bihar al- Anwar, Vol. 78 , P. 121)

No comments:

Post a Comment